At Pediatrics Unlimited, LLC we and our friendly staff offer all aspects of pediatrics medical services:
- Well child exams from birth to college graduation (or age 21)
- Sports and camp physicals
- Pre-op physicals
- School and behavioral issues
- Acute and chronic illnesses
- Inpatient hospital care for our patients
What is a Pediatrician?
A pediatrician is a physician whose specific specialty is caring for children from birth to 18-21 years of age. Pediatricians address acute and chronic illnesses, learning disabilities, behavioral issues and the growth and development of children. Our goal is to help ensure that children grow into mentally and physical healthy, productive and happy adults.
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Website for the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), an organization of 60,000 pediatricians committed to the physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults
- Healthychildren.org - A parenting website backed by the AAP providing information about child health and parenting issues from the nation's leading child health experts
- Choosemyplate.gov - Interactive website with information about dietary guidelines, weight management, healthy eating tips, and more
- Centers for Disease Control - The CDC's updated source of information about immunizations and related concerns
- Immunization Action Coalition - Source for more information about immunizations
- Safekids.org - Source of safety facts, tips, and issues and ways to prevent injuries for home, on the road, and at play
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Helpful information about child safety car seats and teen driving
- Sleepforkids.org - Website dedicated to children's sleep with sleep tips and advice
- Foodallergy.org - The Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network website provides information about specific food allergies as well as useful recipes for the allergic child.
- Early Intervention - The Illinois Dept. of Human Services' link to the Early Intervention Program which provides support for children with developmental concerns
- Illinois Poison Center - The Illinois Poison Center website (24/7) offering free, confidential poison prevention advice and treatment recommendations via a toll-free hot line, 1-800-222-1222